- The treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis is the most important goal of a Rheumatologist. This disease has become more manageable and treatable with the development of new treatments.
- Caused by aging, this is the most common form of joint disease and involves the weight bearing joints.We strive to make all patients comfortable and functional as there is currently no cure for this disease.
- A treatable form of arthritis with new medications available to treat the most severe cases of chronic gout.
- We are advocates for the early diagnosis and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis in women.
- Several patients with rheumatic diseases are suffering with chronic pain. We are your advocates in finding the cause and treatment of the pain source. Dr. Shams is a member of the American Academy of Pain Management and has a special interest in chronic pain syndrome, RSD, neuropathies and chronic-type pain.
The doctors at AOP Center specialize in the diagnosis, care and treatment of Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Rheumatic Diseases.
We also provide Pain Management for those suffering from chronic pain. The office is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for measuring osteoporosis; and our doctors and staff are certified in Bone Densitometry.